Vydex (“We”, “Our”, “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the, the data controller is Vydex.
Information We May Collect From You
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give to Us
You may give Us information about you when you search for a product or place an order on the Site;
The information you give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, customer history and billing and payment data. In addition, if you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
Some of this information may inevitably comprise personal data about you.
Information we collect about you
Details of your visits to the Site, including traffic data, location data and information about the resources that you access and use on the Site;
Information about your operating system and browser type.
The information We collect about you is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. It helps Us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling Us to:
- ● Estimate the Site’s audience size and usage patterns;
- ● Store information about your preferences;
- ● Speed up your searches;
- ● Recognize you when you return to the Site.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by the use of a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer in order to distinguish you from other users of the Site. A Cookie is a small piece of data that a website can send to your computer’s browser so that this computer will be recognised by the Site on your return.
Cookies allow your computer to be recognised on connection to the Site, enabling Us to provide a better browsing experience. In addition cookies may also be used to help gather statistics about the use of the Site, such as Site performance..
Uses Made Of the Information
The information held about you will be used as determined by Us including but not limited to the following:
Information you give to Us
- ● To present the Site and its contents to you;
- ● To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- ● To provide you with the information and products that you request;
- ● To provide you with information about other products that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- ● To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us;
- ● To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so;
- ● To notify you about changes to the Site.
Information we collect about you
- ● To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- ● As part of Our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- ● To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising served to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- ● To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about products and offers that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of Our group, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- ● Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We may enter into with them or you;
- ● Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about users;
- ● We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable Us to comply with Our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- ● Analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- ● If We or substantially all of Our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Us about Our contacts will be one of the transferred assets;
- ● If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect Our rights, property, or the safety of, Our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- ● To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
- ● For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information;
- ● With your consent.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, to correct your data or to delete your data by contacting Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other resources. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.